Dr. Michael Kutryb, M.D.
Hello and welcome to Kutryb Eye Institute! I have wanted to be an ophthalmologist since I was in high school. I grew up in St. Louis, Missouri in a medical family my father was a popular general practitioner and my mother a registered nurse-turned-mother for me and my 6 brothers and sisters. I will always fondly remember tagging along with my father as he made rounds at the hospital and even made housecalls. I learned that being a physician is really a way of life, where your patients should always be treated like precious members of your own family. Today, I am able to live my lifelong dream and I absolutely love my job!
After a fun-filled four years of high school where I played on the basketball, baseball and football teams and graduated in the top 10 of my class, I had to make the grade in college as well. At St. Louis University I also played on the baseball team and was chosen as a teaching assistant in the physics and biology departments. I was elected to the Phi Beta Kappa honorary society (with my sister Carol!) and graduated Magna Cum Laude. I also received the full tuition Medicine Curators’ Scholarship to attend the University of Missouri – Columbia School of Medicine.
While in medical school I was finally able to get involved in my chosen field. Between my studies I performed hundreds of hours of research at the University’s Mason Institute of Ophthalmology Research. I graduated Cum Laude and was awarded the John Busseler Award for Excellence in Ophthalmology. After completing my internship and ophthalmology residency at the Ochsner Clinic in New Orleans, I entered the world of private practice.
My years of training have brought me to Central Florida where I hope to practice for another 30 years or so! To stay as sharp as possible, I try to keep myself always mentally and physically fit. My favorite sport is triathlon racing and I hope to be swimming, biking and running into my 70’s if possible. I also love to play tennis or golf with my wife. I have been tremendously blessed to have a wonderful wife and three precious little daughters. My goal is to always provide them with a happy, loving home where they too can dream of good things to come!
- Undergraduate: St. Louis University
- Medical School: Univ. of Missouri-Columbia
- Internship: Alton Ochsner Medical Foundation
- Residency: Alton Oschner Medical Foundation
- Board Certified - American Board of Ophthamology
- Diplomate - National Board of Medical Examiners
- Fellow - American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member - American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Parrish Medical Center, Titusville, FL
- Bert Fish Medical Center, New Smyrna Beach, FL
- *Excellence in Ophthalmology Award, University of Missouri Medical School
- *Secretariat Award, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- *Physician Recognition Award - American Medical Association
- *Lifetime Education Award - American Academy of Ophthalmology
- *Phi Betta Kappa - St. Louis University
- *Magna Cum Laude - St. Louis University
- *Medicine Curators' Scholarship - Unv. of Missouri Medical School
- *Cum Laude - Univ. of Missouri Medical School